[SunRescue] [OT] Sun TV commercials

scohen - Stephen Cohen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 22 13:26:42 CST 2000

Gregory,

>Hmm, ok, so buying Sun == Loose Canon.  Offhand, I'd
>say that's a bad association to be making.

Brilliant!  I wish I'd have drilled this deeply into this.

The ad is, indeed, not only ambiguous, but contradictory.  Superficially, it
wants to say "Sun is OK."  Yet, it conveys the message that it takes a
"loose cannon" to take such a risk.

On the other hand, it may also be 'tongue in cheek' about the association
with a Sun purchase to loose cannon.  Could the ad be poking fun at the
unqualified who may think of this as risky?

Regards,
Steve