[SunRescue] Openboot disc spin-up

Chris Powell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 21 10:47:01 CST 2000

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a way to spin up SCSI discs using commands from
OpenBoot? The SCSI discs attached to a SS10 (running Solaris 7) are
configured to spin on start command (I've done this just to be on
the safe side to allow PSUs to settle before the discs suck a large
current to spin-up). Trouble is when I try a resume from cold the
discs don't spin up. Solaris comes up again OK, but any disc access
hangs the machine. Perhaps cpr resume behaviour can be changed?

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2001.

Chris.