[SunRescue] Another stupid Solaris printing question...

John Duksta rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 21 15:21:46 CST 2000

At 01:22 PM 12/21/2000 -0600, you wrote:

>The problem I've always had with Samba has been permissions.  I can never
>see to just share something to "The World" so that I don't have to give a
>username/password when connecting to the share.  The same for printers.
>Maybe it was just the versions of Samba at the time.
>I guess I'll just have to make sure I've got the most current version and
>read the heck out of the manual.

I've always set up my Samba shares and printers so that you
have to authenticate to them. Things like printers are set
up so that group users can use them, but no one else.

>Just out of curiosity does Exceed 5 have an LPR client?  I have that loaded
>at home.

You know, I think it does, but I've never installed it.

-john

--
John C.C. Duksta, CISSP                      <jduksta at genuity.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 2037 FB34 8D4A 22D7 3EB3 EEF9 3ABA 997E F964 0EAF