[SunRescue] stupid solaris printing question

Scott Norwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 21 09:15:44 CST 2000

What's the Solaris equivalent to the hosts.lpd file that one would
find on a BSD system?

I just found out (not the hard way, fortunately!) that the default
Solaris (at least of 2.7) printing setup allows anyone in the world
to send jobs to the queue.  I find this disturbing to say the least,
and would like to fix it properly without having to depend upon a
firewall rule.

You'd think that there would be lots of posts about this in Dejanews,
but I couldn't find a single one that answered this seemingly simple
question.)

Thanks.

- Scott