[SunRescue] [newbie] Which floppy drive on Classic ?

Bruno Perea rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 15 14:36:55 CST 2000

>Why?
>
>A floppy drive is about $15-25 if you can find the right one, an external,
>Sun-bootable CD-ROM drive is well under $50 (learn to love 1x and 2x
>drives...) and are much more versital.
>
>What could you possibly want a floppy drive for?

Just because I want to install an unix-like OS on this Classic and
the internal  hard drive is blank. This machine is a stand alone (no
network here) so I thought the best way to format the hard disk and
try to install something in it was to use a floppy drive. Am'I wrong ?

Sorry but where I live it's not so easy to find any sun-related
things such the ones you described...

Well another question : can I install an old SCSI cdrom on it ? What
is the configuration needed in open boot ?

>Didn't mean to jump on you - but it just confuses me - are you simply trying
>to fill all the holes in your machine?

Yes ! But I feel puzzled with all the little holes on the sides ! I
don't know what to use... chewing-gum may be ? ;-)

>Ken

Bruno
--
  ()    Campagne du ruban ascii...
  /\    Contre les mails en HTML et les vcard !