[SunRescue] *interesting* site, with *fantastical* prices

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 13:30:13 CST 2000

>Scott Newell might have some for you.  He's the person who got a pallet full
>of old Sparc boxen a while back.  I'm sure a few of those had bad NVRAMs in
>them.  (Scott, if you're listening pipe up. ;-)

I've got a couple/three bad ones that I've hacked on.  Tried a schottky
diode circuit--didn't work.  Another experiment with a Maxim battery backup
circuit and external battery did work.  The last attempt was to grind away
the internal cell, exposing the contacts.  Never did get around to
finishing the job on the cell replacement.

Still have about 5 IPX and 5 SS2 boxes left, btw.

newell