[SunRescue] *interesting* site, with *fantastical* prices

Mike Hebel rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 8 13:43:06 CST 2000

>>diode circuit--didn't work.  Another experiment with a Maxim battery
backup
>>circuit and external battery did work.  The last attempt was to grind away

Hmmm...too bad there isn't a socketable solution to provide voltage to the
internals of the chip otherwise you could provide an in-socket connector to
a rechargeable NIMH.  Hell this would be a good idea to do even with having
to modify the chip.  You'd have a good NVRAM that would almost never go
bad - at least until the battery reached it's charging cycle limit.

Of course this is all totally shot down by the fact that a new lithium
battery would keep it running for another 5 - 10 years upon which time _may_
have reached full doorstop status.
;-)

Mike Hebel  (Where'd I put that dead NVRAM and Dremel...?)