[SunRescue] New batch of Alphas has arrived...

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 4 12:37:26 CST 2000

Well, as hoped, I've been able to pull the next batch of Alpha hardware
in and get it ready for sale.  Thanks again to everyone for all the response
on the first batch of gear.  Still entertaining trades, I'm looking for some
Ultra 30s at the moment in particular :)

Oh, and special thanks to Bill for allowing me to post this to the lists -
I'm not a reseller, just a guy with a basement full of hardware, and this
venue allows me to get this stuff out to the general enthusiast community
the quickest and easiest by far!  For the curious out there, being a
consultant in the Engineering Software arena allows me to work with
workstation gear day in and day out, and occasionally I can get my hands on
hardware that's coming off lease or out of service and pass it on to others
who might be interested.  Unfortunately, this is usually a step above the
"rescue" category, as off-lease equipment *almost always* has a price tag
associated with it!

In this case, this latest batch of Alpha hardware comes from the same source
as the last batch, a former employer of mine who's made the unfortunate
decision to switch to the NT platform.  Hence, these barely 2-yr old
workstations are now up for sale!  This batch jumps up into the realm
of higher-end hardware, here's the specs:

Digital Personal Workstation 600au's for sale or trade!

For complete specs:
http://junior.apk.net/~havoc/decgear.html

Quick Specs:

Digital Personal Workstation 600au
600mHZ 21164A
Available in 0, 128, 256, or 512 MB ECC SDRAM configurations
2mb L3 cache
4.3gb Ultra-Wide 7200-RPM SCSI Disk (Seagate OEM for DEC)
24x ATAPI CDROM (Toshiba OEM for DEC)
3.5" Floppy
KZPBA-CX Q-Logic UltraWide SCSI controller (w/ external connector)
Built-in 10/100 Ethernet, Sound
PowerStorm 4D51T High-performance 3D Framebuffer
Original Digital Keyboard, 3-button mouse
Tru64 5.0 pre-installed

More details on these units available at:
http://junior.apk.net/~havoc/decgear.html
http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/workstations/retired/auseries/techspecs.html
http://www.compaq.com/alphaserver/workstations/graphics/au/index.html

Pricing:

w/ 0mb RAM (6 slots)		$1495.00
w/ 128mb RAM (4x32mb DIMM):  	$1695.00
w/ 256mb RAM (2x128mb DIMM): 	$1895.00
w/ 512mb RAM (4x128mb DIMM): 	$2295.00

Older Alpha hardware available as well, something to fit every budget!
Ck. http://junior.apk.net/~havoc/decgear.html for all hardware currently in
stock.

New SunHELP list special: Take either a free VRT19-DA or $50 off the
listed price for 3000/300s, 3000/500s, and 3000/600s now through Christmas!
Take $100 off the price of an AlphaStation 600 5/266!
Additional discounts apply for any pickup buyers!

Finally, be sure to keep an eye on auctions.workstations.org, some of this
gear will be popping up there from time-to-time on special as well.
Currently there's some 3000 series hardware up.  I doubt the 600au's will
show up there, there's only a real small handful of these at the moment, and
hopefully they'll go quickly.  Actually, if you'd be interested in a large
RAM configuration, it's best to check with me early, as my RAM supply to
build these configurations is *very* limited.

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net