[SunRescue] ARGH! Round 2

Brian McCloskey rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 4 15:46:02 CST 2000

my experience with solaris 8 is that you cannot tell the config script to
use dns as the name resolution if the dns server is not on the same subnet
because for some reason it won't set the default route before trying dns
resolution. therefore, the best way i've found to deal with this is to set
the "name resolution" method to "none" and then just change
/etc/nsswitch.conf manually.

-wu