[geeks] [rescue] APC SU48R3XLBP, any takers?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Feb 10 20:38:40 CST 2019

" From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
"
" On 1/30/19 8:12 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > " From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
" > "
" > " Yup, I hadn't gone as far as finding out the exact details there yet.
" > " Gilford Lowes is ten minutes away, but I don't know quite what they're
" > " going to say when I turn up with 120lb of lead-acid batteries.  :)
" >
" > afaik call2recycle does the actual recycling and pays the collection
" > costs, so about all lowes can say is 'thank you'...
"
" Actually, what Lowes said was "No, we can't take those."

well, poop.

https://newsroom.lowes.com/serving-communities/3-easy-ways-help-recycle-rechargeable-batteries/
says nothing about types accepted and refused and gives the impression
that they're only too happy to help, but perhaps it's just lip service.

massachusetts law requires battery vendors to also take batteries, and
not only their own, but the only relevant new hampshire law i could
find dealt with storage and handling.