[geeks] [rescue] APC SU48R3XLBP, any takers?

Patrick Finnegan pat at computer-refuge.org
Sun Feb 10 23:47:20 CST 2019

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 5:44 PM Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
wrote:

> On 1/30/19 8:12 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> > " From: Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
> > "
> > " Yup, I hadn't gone as far as finding out the exact details there yet.
> > " Gilford Lowes is ten minutes away, but I don't know quite what they're
> > " going to say when I turn up with 120lb of lead-acid batteries.  :)
> >
> > afaik call2recycle does the actual recycling and pays the collection
> > costs, so about all lowes can say is 'thank you'...
>
> Actually, what Lowes said was "No, we can't take those."

Places like Auto Zone/Advanced Auto Parts/Pep Boys, Batteries Plus, and
Interstate Batteries around here take them for free or pay you for them.
You might try calling somewhere with "batteries" in the name locally or
find someone who sells car batteries.

Your story is reminiscent of when I tried to recycle fluorescent light
bulbs at a Home Depot.  I brought in 4ft tubes, and they said: "we only
take CFLs".

Pat