[geeks] New POWER9 motherboard coming out...

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Thu Feb 7 22:28:51 CST 2019

On 08/02/2019 03:02, Michael Parson wrote:
> Yes, but IBM is also going big on little-endian Linux on POWER.B  I was
> at IBM and on the internal call when they announced it.B  There was a LOT
> of "WTF?" on the internal chat during that call.

_As far as I can tell_, and as a Talos II user, most or all of IBM's
engineering and marketing effort is going into LE.

> In any case... This might be the motherboard I need to get for the
> Checkmate 1500 Plus case I backed on Kickstarter:
>
> https://www.checkmate1500plus.com/

Whoa!  This is some seriously cool case and I will check it out in more
detail if I get enough disposable income again.

The videos make the options mainboard, CPU, and PSU options seem
constrained.  Especially as far as things like choosing the right
components for cooling and noise are concerned.

Don't you think the POWER9 might be too loud and hot?  Does there exist
an appropriate water-cooling option?

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9