[geeks] New POWER9 motherboard coming out...

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Thu Feb 7 21:02:39 CST 2019

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019, Mark Benson wrote:

> IBM's thrown stacks of greenbacks at several Linux vendors recently to
> revive Linux on POWER. I believe most of the usual suspects have current
> long-term supported variants that support both endians of POWER, if you can
> stomach working with systemd.

Yes, but IBM is also going big on little-endian Linux on POWER.  I was
at IBM and on the internal call when they announced it.  There was a LOT
of "WTF?" on the internal chat during that call.

In any case... This might be the motherboard I need to get for the
Checkmate 1500 Plus case I backed on Kickstarter:

https://www.checkmate1500plus.com/

--
Michael Parson
Pflugerville, TX