[geeks] Pink CAT5 4P4C cables

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Mar 8 10:35:05 CST 2018

On 03/08/2018 08:48 AM, Fred wrote:
> Hi all

Hi Fred,

> At $work I am cleaning up a bit for the yearly floor-waxing of the
> offices, and I stumbled upon some odd cables that I can't identify,
> and I am coming up empty on the google.
>
> https://imgur.com/a/IEeuw

As soon as I saw it my mind started SCREAMING "Cisco".  Looking up Cisco
pink cable / port and it looks like pink is used for FXO ports /
connections.

I have no idea if that's what these actually are or not.  But it does
look like the construction that I'm used to for Cisco cables.

> Looks to be striaght-through wired. CAT5.  (hard to tell due to small
> connector)

I'd half way expect it to actually be a cross over phone cable (6P4C)
with pins 3 & 4 crossed and pins 2 & 5 crossed.

> I have no use for them (I don't think, as we have no serial devices,
> DEC stuff etc, everything is Ethernet/fiber here ...

I'm betting that won't work for serial.

> If anyone knows what they are and might be interested, I have quantity
> 10 of them in what look to be 10+ foot lengths.   If they can be used
> I'd rather have them go to a good home rather than scrapped ...

I have no use for them.

But it is an interesting puzzle.  :-)

> Thanks,

Good luck.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]