[geeks] Ahmed, the accidental terrorist?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 13:20:08 CDT 2015

Opinions differ.

He was interrogated by police responding to a call of a 'bomb hoax' not having
a bomb, and he was not charged with a crime, but was suspended for a 'bomb
hoax'.

Why do you say he was a smart kid? I suspect he is either dumb (doesn't
understand he didn't "invent" the clock in his pencil box) or devious (wanted
to provoke a reaction from the schoolgirl whatever reason).

He didn't build anything, and I have no reason to believe he can explain the
function of any component in the clock other than the battery and wire.

As a freshman in engineering class, I never studied packaging, and I was never
instructed to 'take something apart to learn how it was put together' - my
time was occupied with Chemistry, Calculus, Physics, and drafting classes. BTW
this was not a class assignment.

You can give him your unconditional support if you like, it's your choice, but
please be aware of the facts surrounding the case - the family's own website
probably has a bit of bias.

Lionel

> On Sep 19, 2015, at 12:21 PM, Dr Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:
>
> Here we go. I didn't think it would take long for the smear campaign to
start and it didn't. A smart kid builds something and wants to show it off so
he takes it to school to show his teachers.