[geeks] Upgraded my Ham license today...

erie patselllis epatsellis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 23:36:21 CST 2015

Lionel, take a look at the cobwebb antenna,reasonably small, works 20 to
10 meters, I have a triband and 50' of rohn 25, but I'm in no big rush as
the cobwebb works rather well for me.
Erie PatsellisKC9ZQV

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

  At Jan 17, 2015, 10:37:23 PM, Lionel Peterson<'lionel4287 at gmail.com'>
  wrote:Interesting... I literally know nothing more about them than
  what you just
  wrote...

  Sounds interesting - almost like the antennas you used to see in WW
  II
  movies...

  [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a
  name of image1.JPG;
  x-apple-part-url=6465A95F-9DEE-4170-B4C7-7D4F6CF4F8E3]
  Ken

  > On Jan 17, 2015, at 10:08 PM, Robert Toegel <rjtoegel at gmail.com>
  wrote:

  > Well, a 10-20 mtr one is basically an octagonal loop a foot on a
  side.
  > Downside, very narrow bandwidth, needs to be remotely tuned,
  requires a
  > high voltage variable capacitor. Upside, small, can work indoors,
  if
  > vertical has very deep nulls broadside, very quiet to noise. Built
  a 5
  > foot diameter one a number a years ago. Put it on 40 mtrs inside
  the house
  > and most reports put it about one S-unit below an outdoor dipole.
  Better