[geeks] Windows 7 File & Printer Sharing Nightmare

Gaz God gaz.god at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 13:28:14 CST 2015

Is UAC turned off on the workstations and by off I mean properly off having
it on or partially on can cause strange connection problems with windows.
One of the best way of test this and some other windows connection features
is M$'s WMI Diagnostics:-
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ff404265.aspx. I spent over a
week once trying to solve a WMI connection to a server and UAC was the
culprit.

Don't know if that's the issue here but worth running anyway.