[geeks] cheap, secure wifi router?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Dec 18 12:18:01 CST 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 09:52:44AM -0500, Nathan Raymond wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>> Best AP I'd used until I got the Google OnHub a few months ago.
>
>Really? Which one? The TP-Link one was considered pretty terrible:
>
>http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32884-tplink-google-onhub-retest?start=1
>
>"But our bottom line on the TP-LINK OnHub remains the same: nice to look
>at; meh wireless performance; and a minimalist feature set for folks who
>just want to plug something in and get their Wi-Fi mojo working."

I'm only using it as an AP in bridge mode (not using the router
functionality); but the coverage and wifi performance with all of my gear even
beats the originally-high-dollar ($1700 or so) Cisco 802.11g/n rig that I used
for a couple months before the OnHub came out.  This is with Cisco's big omni
2.4Ghz and 5Ghz 3x3 antennas too.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford