[geeks] cheap, secure wifi router?

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 08:52:44 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> Best AP I'd used until I got the Google OnHub a few months ago.

Really? Which one? The TP-Link one was considered pretty terrible:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32884-tplink-google-onhub-retest?start=1

"But our bottom line on the TP-LINK OnHub remains the same: nice to look
at; meh wireless performance; and a minimalist feature set for folks who
just want to plug something in and get their Wi-Fi mojo working."

The ASUS one seems ok:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32889-asus-google-onhub-reviewed?start=2

"If you don't mind spending an extra $20 and paying top-dollar for an
AC1900 class router and getting a very feature-limited router with one
Gigabit LAN port, go ahead and pull the trigger on an ASUS SRT-AC1900 OnHub.
"

- Nate