[geeks] rescue Digest, Vol 157, Issue 6

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Dec 4 09:30:27 CST 2015

On 12/04/15 08:54, Fred wrote:
> Similar to what I read in earlier posts - make the minimum wage $15?
> Great!  Folks just want to work less because even at $15 it seemingly
> benefits them "more" to stay on assistance.  I don't have a fix here,
> either.

Yeah, there's some folks who would sooner just stay on public
assistance.  There's a lot who'd sooner not have to work at all.

The thing is, there's also a lot of people who'd like to not have to
work a job, or two jobs, or three, AND still have to collect public
assistance as well just to keep their family housed, clothed and fed.
There's something obscene about the richest family in America having
gotten that way by destroying their suppliers and not paying their
employees a living wage.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications