[geeks] Thumb Drive

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Tue May 20 08:36:22 CDT 2014

Hi, everybody! </DrNick>

I have this neato 256GB thumb drive that I just got.  I'm interested in
using it for both a bootable UNIX, as well as for carrying data around
on some form of Windows filesystem (probably NTFS).  Anyone have a
suggestion on what is the best configuration for this?

Should I create a boot image file on the drive and set it up to boot off
that?  Somehow kludge the UNIX to boot from the Windows FS?  One of my
requirements will probably be that the UNIX should be able to read and
write to the Windows FS.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Peace...  Sridhar