[geeks] Stuff I've offered previously

Rjtoegel rjtoegel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:09:51 CDT 2014

I know.  I've seen some who teach as if Microsoft is the only game in town and
others who are little more generic since most packages are similar.  My older
son used to think the PC way was all there is until he took a class where he
had to program for iOS.  He's beginning to see there are "other worlds" out
there.  The last gentleman who taught computer programming (AP) was a
Microsoft drone.  He unfortunately made everything so convoluted that the
stuff he wrote (like a term record and BWHO sheet, breakdown of failure
according to ethnic group) only worked on half of the school computers.  I
redid it in Open and it worked on everything (the kids loaded that on all the
machines cause most in my school used Open at home).  Of course the amusing
thing was he also taught Vocal Music but didn't know how to use a microphone
on stage.
Anyway, good luck with the job.  Hope it works out well for you.  At least you
know the subject :-)

Bob