[geeks] Deltect T2000 UPS

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Mar 8 16:20:49 CST 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 11:03:28AM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> I forget which APC line is better, I did have exactly this issue with a
> HP system that was new and shiny, but the lower end APCs put out
> something that looks nothing like a sine wave.
>
> APC even admits it, see Problem #5 on this page:
>
> http://nam-en.apc.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20/~/equipment-connected-to-a-back-ups-product-turns-off-unexpectedly-and%2For

That page is specific to the BackUPS product.  And that is why I always
buy SmartUPS online UPSs instead.  Although, I notice they point out
that only SmartUPS over 700va output a pure sine wave.  I've never
bought a smaller one, but that would be good to remember.

I could be wrong, but I figure that a SmartUPS online UPS is a pretty
good power filter for AV equipment as well.