[geeks] Deltect T2000 UPS

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Mon Mar 12 11:29:24 CDT 2012

On 03/08/2012 05:20 PM, Joshua Boyd wrote:

> That page is specific to the BackUPS product.  And that is why I always
> buy SmartUPS online UPSs instead.  Although, I notice they point out
> that only SmartUPS over 700va output a pure sine wave.  I've never
> bought a smaller one, but that would be good to remember.
>
> I could be wrong, but I figure that a SmartUPS online UPS is a pretty
> good power filter for AV equipment as well.

There are basically three layers here:

1. Switching, unfiltered
Mains power, up until you go off battery, when you get a square wave.
Most cheapo UPSes are these.

2. Switching, filtered
Mains power, up until you go off battery, then you get a pretty good sin
wave.  The expensive desktop units fit into this category.

3. Online
Run off battery all the time.  Usually get a sine wave.  These are
common in the datacenter, and very rare as desktop or 1u/2u rackmounts.
  Liebert makes some inexpensive small units (2U/desktop).