[geeks] [rescue] little low-wattage servers

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Feb 8 13:43:56 CST 2012

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 13:10:34 -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Also, what kind of processor load will ZFS put on the host?

Nothing dramatic - I've been running my FreeBSD server on a HP
microserver for a touch under a year with no noticeable issues regarding
load. Do something silly (like run benchmarks) and things might get a
little sluggish, but that tends to happen anyway.

It's memory that ZFS likes ... about 1Gbyte per Tbyte. Although I
suspect that advice is a little overdramatic as I've run very
restricted Ldoms with ZFS and had no problem.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Most politicians think that "ethics" is a county in the south of