[geeks] [rescue] little low-wattage servers

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:12:25 CST 2012

Do you have the port multiplier already or are you putting something
together?

If putting something together, you can go multi-lane for a bit more, IMHO.

A PERC 5/e RAID card w/ battery backup is about $100 now from eBay sellers

Multi-lane cables and chassis are fairly affordable at PC-pitstop.com ($140
for four drive chassis, $30-40 for multi lane cable? Larger chassis, incl.
ones with hot-swap capability are also available there.

Just a thought - I'll likely be adding a Sans Digital 4 drive port multiplier
box that came with a PCI-E 1x controller to mine...

Lionel