[geeks] [rescue] little low-wattage servers

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Mon Feb 13 09:54:38 CST 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 01:41:44PM +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> I seem to remember someone earlier on the thread mentioning that the eSATA
> port did *not* support port multipliers. Not 100% on that though and can't
> find anything with a quick Google.

Indeed, it doesn't. There are several patched N36/N40 BIOSes floating around
that enable AHCI mode on that port, but I'm not sure if they enable port
multiplier support (I have a feeling not). See[1] for example.

[1] http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1521657-hp-n36l-microserver-updated-ahci-bios-support.html

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner