[geeks] Big CRT monitor uncovered in storage

Nate Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:48:50 CDT 2011

Any multisync CRT can do some very high resolutions as long as it can handle
the refresh, but that doesn't mean the highest resolutions are going to be
usable - 2048x1536 will not be a usable resolution on that monitor because
the refresh rate of 60Hz will be low (i.e. flickery) and the monitor dot
pitch won't be fine enough to distinguish pixels clearly.  It can do
1600x1200 at 77Hz, which is a decent refresh, and it will have sufficient
dot pitch to display that clearly.

- Nate