[geeks] Big CRT monitor uncovered in storage

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:28:18 CDT 2011

Just came across a really big monitor - a Viewsonic G220fb - a 21"
tube with a 2048 x 1536 resolution. I got this several years ago, but
never really played with it... That really is a heck of a resolution
(four times the resolution of a 1024x768 panel!).

It's big, heavy (57 pounds), but it looks great (lightly used from
prevvious owner) - I may have to make this some sort of HTPC display
in my office (it's High Definition PLUS! ;^)

Anyway, it was a surprising find (in my experience), is that an
unusual resolution for a 21" CRT?

The info on the beast:
http://ap.viewsonic.com/my/product_pdfs/crt/21/E-G220fB.pdf

--