[geeks] Mac definitions

Bob rjtoegel at verizon.net
Fri Jul 15 08:53:59 CDT 2011

>My father used to run the local city traffic bureau for a few years as a
>cop. Engine intrusion was a major cause of injury and death.

To get a minor point clear, was it engine intrusion or compression of the
passenger compartment?  The thing I have a problem with is "though"
the fire wall.

>Newer cars which keep the engine away from the occupants are a lot
safer.

Keep anything away from the passengers is better . :-)

>Shoulder belts were also a big improvement. Lap belts had a bad tendency
>to efficiently pivot the occupant into the dash.

Or steering wheel.  My first car had shoulder belts.  I have no problem
with them.
I just wish they were better designed.  (four point,  wider straps)  My
son's car
has only lap belts which means he will be a target for every cop in the
area
for violation of the seat belt law.  That's what happens when the car is
older
than most of the cops!

>Side note: Unfortunately almost no cities have traffic bureaus now, and
>the results are pretty terrible: most traffic law is now driven by
>revenue, roads are designed by people with no knowledge of traffic
>accidents and management, and cops have no idea how to work accidents
now.

Sad, but true.   And have an officer put one thing down wrong on the
accident
report........

Bob