[geeks] Mac definitions

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Jul 7 15:49:54 CDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 02:54:59PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> think of it as the Linux distribution for people who secretly (or not so
> secretly) would really rather be running Windows.

If I would rather be running Windows, I know where to find it.

In the mean time, Ubuntu is the finest[0] ready to run, general purpose,
desktop or server, Linux system out there (at least, as of 11.04, if you
switch back to the classic desktop for desktops and do server installs
for servers).

Going forward, they aren't infallible and there are some troubling
signs.  If Unity doesn't come together quickly, then perhaps it will be
time to consider switching to Mint or Fedora.

[0] Obviously, IMO.