[geeks] wireless bridge recommendation

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:11:44 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Nate <nate at portents.com> wrote:
> I would second DD-WRT for this task, and there are actually quite a few
> options to choose from these days.  If you're in the US, here's a search on
> Newegg for the keyword DD-WRT with the results sorted by cost, lowest to
> highest:

Many of the routers that run dd-wrt will also run Tomato which is much
easier to install and less likely to brick the router.
http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

I frequently see Linksys WRT54G units in thrift shops.  I've picked
them up for $1, $3, and $4.  I have tomato on 4 of mine and the 5th
one has dd-wrt because it's hardware version 8 which won't run tomato.

--
Dan Duncan