[geeks] wireless bridge recommendation

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Jan 11 20:44:02 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 05:11:42PM -0500, Shannon wrote:
> Have two ethernets, one of which has access to the Internet via
> cable modem. I can't connect them with a wire, so I'm looking for a
> wireless bridge.

Asus WL-520GC.
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-WL-520gC-Wireless-Router-802-11b/dp/B000WUAUOY

Runs DD-WRT like a champ; I just finished putting it on three of them and
giving to friends.

I use a Netgear WNR824B (with enhanced antennas) as a repeater bridge
between my living room and the wifi core router in my office.

Alternately, a Linksys WRT54G2 for $26:
http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-Refurbished-WRT54G2-RM-Wireless-G-Router/dp/B001D8GR00

I have DD-WRT on one of these as well.  It can only run the "Micro" version
IIRC, but that will still be overkill for your bridge needs.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas