[geeks] SCSI-Ethernet on an 68040 Macintosh

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jan 14 19:49:50 CST 2011

I have a Quadra 605 system with an Apple IIe card that I would like to get
onto my home network.

Looking at the IIe Card compatibility matrix indicates that there are no
compatible systems that have onboard Ethernet.  Additionally, there are no
systems that have both NuBus slots and an LC PDS.  Furthermore, the IIe
card disables the LC comm slot, so I couldn't use the dedicated
communications slot in an LC 575.

Does anyone have experience with SCSI Ethernet adapters?  Those look like
the only path to a networked machine with a IIe card.  My first attempt at
buying one netted an Asante EN-SC device that is incompatible with 68040
Macintoshes, and I'd like to have more success on a second attempt.

--
Jonathan Patschke  |
Elgin, TX          |  Sent from your rooted trendy mobile device.