[geeks] tis the season for hardware to fail...

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 11 18:27:21 CDT 2011

On 11-Apr-2011 18:55, John Francini wrote:
> A quick search of Newegg, using this URL:
>
> <http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007617+600030
> 619+600012663&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNo
> deId=1&Subcategory=20&description=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=>

Ya, online orders have them.

I said locally they don't.

In other words where I can go test their viewing angle, etc to see if it
is acceptable.

Most of them are also TN panels and the color shift is pretty bad.

My NEC is one of those $800 MVA panels, and I just can't afford to
replace it.

But... I'll have to live with it looks like, if I can't fix this one.

> by the sheer quantity of the 1080s out there -- amazing how much the HDTV
> resolution wind has blown through the monitor market...

Yeah, I really hate that.

I know a lot of people who buy them not realizing what it means and they
almost universally complain about the screens not being "high enough"
for their software.

Its a serious disservice to the customers, many of whom don't know any
better but do have trouble with 16:9 ratio.