[geeks] operating systems to replace Solaris

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Apr 11 09:24:16 CDT 2011

> I can get a two week long run on the cluster running Solaris and not
> get a crash which cann't be said for linux or BSD

I wonder what I'm doing right - or you're doing wrong - then.  Sampling
the uptime of my most heavily used machines, all running NetBSD, I find

34 days
41 days
57 days
5 hours
72 days
35 days
41 days
1 day 22:37

The "5 hours" one lost power this AM; the "1 day 22:37" one I was
working on Saturday AM - I think I needed to install a new kernel or
some such.  I haven't dug through logs to find reasons for the most
recent reboots of the others.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org