[geeks] Policy for system / package upgrades in Enterprise

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Jul 26 12:00:15 CDT 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:23:28 +0300, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> It was a mistake 9.04 dropped support for IDE optical drives and I had
> try to make an 8.10 kernel run it for several months.

I don't recall this.  Pretty sure I had no trouble with IDE optical drives
and 9.04.  I do remember some change they made to device symlinks, had to
manually create the properly named ones for things to work after one of the
OS updates years ago, but that's about it.

> BTW 9.04 also never worked on an Intel Atom or similar processor

I didn't have any problems running 9.04 on my Acer Aspire One with an
Intel Atom (well short of the Atheros wifi driver issues, but I ultimately
solved those by swapping out that wifi card with an Intel one).

- Nate