[geeks] Policy for system / package upgrades in Enterprise

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jul 26 12:24:03 CDT 2010

On 07/26/10 13:00, nate at portents.com wrote:
> I didn't have any problems running 9.04 on my Acer Aspire One with an
> Intel Atom (well short of the Atheros wifi driver issues, but I ultimately
> solved those by swapping out that wifi card with an Intel one).

There are Linux issues with Atheros wireless drivers?  That's bad news,
considering Atheros is pretty much the only "authorized" mini-PCI
wireless chipset many IBM Thinkpads will allow booting with...   :p

(Without a BIOS patch, anyway.  Apparently *SOME* Intel ipw2100 cards
*may* work in *some* Thinkpads.  I have two Thinkpads here that need
working wireless cards, and no Atheros cards to try.)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.