[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jan 19 18:51:49 CST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> i'd like to see a voucher system, where say 80% of the public-school
>> cost to educate -your- child is returned to you to spend on education
>> as you please.
>
> To much room in that to 'game the system' IMHO. Lump-sum would be best, you
> can sue/petition/beg/ask district to accomodate your child's learning
> differences, thanks to NCLB.
>
> When a child goes to a charter school a pre-defined 'tuition' is charged to
> the sending district, I see no reason why a similar arrangement wouldn't
> work for private schools, but the payment should be standardized for all
> schools...

Or how about let people keep the money they earn and spend it educating
their children as they see fit?  Money doesn't have to go through nearly
as many politically-connected hands that way.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Science is what we understand well enough to explain
Elgin, TX         (   to a computer.  Art is everything else we do."