[geeks] geeks Digest, Vol 86, Issue 11

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 18:28:14 CST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 3:01 PM, adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)
wrote:

> i'd like to see a voucher system, where say 80% of the public-school
> cost to educate -your- child is returned to you to spend on
> education as you please.

To much room in that to 'game the system' IMHO. Lump-sum would be
best, you can sue/petition/beg/ask district to accomodate your child's
learning differences, thanks to NCLB.

When a child goes to a charter school a pre-defined 'tuition' is
charged to the sending district, I see no reason why a similar
arrangement wouldn't work for private schools, but the payment should
be standardized for all schools...

IMHO, of course.

Lionel