[geeks] Snow Leopard

Geoffrey Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Sun Nov 29 21:15:09 CST 2009

On 11/29/09 3:53 PM, "Joshua Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

-snip-
> I do think that every bit of memory would be good since she wants
> virtualbox and a windows VM installed so that she can use some poky
> scrapbooking software.
>
> Also, she only has 10.4 currently, but I really want to get her up to
> something newer so that I can set up Time Machine for her.
-end snip section-

Ok, a couple recommendations, get crossover trial and try out the software
on that, there are a lot of programs that work just fine under crossover, it
is based on Wine, with some mac specific enhancements.

Overall it uses far less memory than virtualbox, parallels, VMWare and
others.