[geeks] Snow Leopard

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Mon Nov 30 10:04:27 CST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 08:48:36PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2009, at 6:53 PM, Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm hoping to leave the 60 gig HD alone in the SO laptop.
>>
>> I do think that every bit of memory would be good since she wants
>> virtualbox and a windows VM installed so that she can use some poky
>> scrapbooking software.
>
> A 60 Gig HD w/ OS X AND WinXP VM? Sounds tight... I assume a lot of her
> (s)crapbooking files are kept on a server...

All the pictures themselves are stored on a server, although if she is
taking the notebook with her to work on, she will need to copy the ones
she expects to use.  If need be, I could add on a 2.5" USB drive,
although I certainly wouldn't want her to have to run the VM off such a
drive.

Since you mentioned it again, I went to look at the directions for doing
an HD, and it looks a lot simpler than I thought it was, so I guess I'll
do an HD upgrade as well.