[geeks] The illusion of Windows 7

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Nov 1 07:01:06 CST 2009

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:46:23 +0000, Mark Benson wrote:
> They actually all nicked it from OS X which has used that system
> since the Public Betas to authorise system changes, AFAIK. It's
> certainly been in every 10.x release version. Don't recall if it was
> ever in 1.x or OpenStep, I suspect not.

Thinking about it a bit more, I'm not sure anyone deserves credit for
"inventing" a gui for elevating privileges when the basic concept has
been around since at least the 1980s (sudo) and probably much longer.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from