[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed May 27 08:01:04 CDT 2009

Phil wrote, "The best success was with six-inch unglazed terracotta tile, but
they accumulate burned drippings quickly."

   So? :7) That's "character," not filth -- think of seasoning a cast iron
pan. And it burns off well enough as the stone cools once you've removed the
pizza. Just remember to scrape off your stone when it's cool enough to
handle.

- Will
P.S. One summer I worked at an outdoor food festival. Lizard Jim, the
assistant manager, set the gas-fired pizza oven to heat up. Later we threw in
a thermometer and it passed 800 degrees. Whooops... Since the weather was hot
that day (104 at its worst!), I had a l-o-n-g, hot shift.