[geeks] seeking an excellent tandoori chicken recipe

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon May 25 23:55:41 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:18:40AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

>>From what I can tell, the secret to good tandoori chicken is getting the
>yogurt that the chicken is marinaded in, properly surrounding the
>chicken so that the lactic acid etc. can break down the muscle fibers
>and thus give you a more tender chicken.  So a marinade time of 8-24
>hours is good.
>
>Anyone have a good tandoori chicken recipe to share (e.g. spices to use,
>grilling/oven times etc.)?

A specific tip is that you can buy pre-made marinade in jars which are a
good start. Patak's and Rajah are good and both are made to modern
health standards.

A generic tip is to put the meat and marinade in a zip lock and shake well.
It is best to put that zip lock in another in case of leaks.

Geoff.