[geeks] Noodler's Anonymous

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu May 21 19:25:03 CDT 2009

My stained fingers can stand as notice that my bottles of Noodler's
Black and BlueBlack have arrived.

Definitely nicer than the Lamy stuff, and almost as dark as some of
the art store india ink I have.

I tried the black and then loaded blue black.  So far I see no
difference between them, but maybe because they are so close there is
still enough mixed in the nib that I'm not seeing it yet.

Anyone have any rough idea how long it takes most nibs to drain and
start feeding on new supply?

I didn't get any non-dark colors yet which would make it easier to
determine.

The Lamy converter is fairly clean as long as you remember to clean
the tip before inserting it into the pen.  It forms a little bubble
there when drawing the ink.

It's also a lot easier to see your ink level with the converters that
I have versus carts.

Of course, now I need more colors... nibs... more pens... more paper...

Oh look, new Intel Atom mini-servers...

(doom)

--
Shannon Hendrix