[geeks] Am I overly enthusiastic about this FiOS rate?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu May 21 08:51:15 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 03:24:14PM +0300, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 08:10:37AM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> A cheap connection like that might "stimulate" some business plans of
>> my own (I can rent small office space in FiOS coverage area as small
>> as 200 square feet, drop a couple servers in the room, and have an
>> on-line business for about $600/month (office space goes for about
>> $2/square foot, per month)...
>
> Do they serve Delaware? The tax environment in Delaware is better than
> New Jersey, and from what I can see light years ahead of California.

I work in Newark, Delaware and my employer has business FiOS at the
office.   SpeedTest.net says that we get 20.60/19.39, but there could be
quite a few things dragging that down, such as the speedtest servers not
being fast enough (I had to try several to get that speed) or our router
not being up to snuff (cheap linksys bought when the more expensive
business grade appliance failed).