[geeks] Am I overly enthusiastic about this FiOS rate?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 07:10:37 CDT 2009

At $WORK we're looking for a new ISP, and it seem that Verizon is
offering a business class, 50 Mb/sec down, 20 Mb/sec up commited rate
connection for $200/month.

That seems like an awfully good deal, and if true, could blow the
doors off any other data service. Of course, being business class,
static IPs are available for a nominal fee. ANd assuming that the data
connection rate really is committed.

$WORK is the local school system in NJ, but the rate/tarrif is a
business tarrif, and they feel they can sell it to public entities
like local school districts.

A cheap connection like that might "stimulate" some business plans of
my own (I can rent small office space in FiOS coverage area as small
as 200 square feet, drop a couple servers in the room, and have an
on-line business for about $600/month (office space goes for about
$2/square foot, per month)...

Interesting...

--
Lionel Peterson