[geeks] Netgear 24 port Gigabit switch on sale (metal box switch)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:57:51 CDT 2009

On May 16, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

>> The Netgear Product Page is here:
>> http://www.netgear.com/Products/Switches/UnmanagedSwitches/
>> JGS524.aspx
>>
>> The listing is here:
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122058
>
> I'd love to pick up one of these, if I could spare the cash.  I've
> been
> very happy with my FS516.  It's always Just Worked.  I think that the
> one problem I ever had with it was the cooling fans started running
> very
> rough and noisy; replaced'em with a pair of Sunon maglevs, and end of
> problem.

These are V2 of the switch, hopefully they have sorted out the fan
issue...

I went for two, one for my rack, one for the jacks around the house.

I just had a thought, I wonder if the netgear switches are covered
under warranty? The netgear switches appear to have lifetime
warranties, but I think mine were bought as refurbs...

I'll have to check that out.

(the iPhone had corrected "refurbs" to "returns" as soon as I hit the
spacebar!)

Lionel