[geeks] iPhone interface

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:40:22 CDT 2009

On May 16, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 May 2009, at 13:04, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
>> I must admit I'm kind of puzzled about how people find the iPhone
>> autocomplete so "interesting". My main gripe with it is that the
>> little
>> X ("don't be daft, that's a stupid suggestion") is far too small.
>
> I guess it must be because I don't *own* one yet

The real challenge is this: if I type, say, an abbreviation the
dictionary doesn't know, when I finish typing it the 'suggestion'
becomes a correction and what I just typed gets replaced as soon as I
hit the spacebar.  For example, if I type ESX my phone used to
'correct' it to ESP. I have to watch for iPhone typos... It does learn
over time, but if you have a large vocabulary it will likely take a
while...

Lionel